It's done! My Miranda jumper, finally finished, ends sewn in and sort-of-blocked, (the blocking was a bit of a disaster, as with the weather getting colder and living in a house with no central-heating it just wouldn't dry, so I gave up trying and just dried it without stretching.)
I am pleased with the finished sweater and am planning on taking it out on it's first night out this evening!
The hood is plenty big enough, I have a huge head and lots of hair, so I made sure I added some more to the mix when measuring against the pattern. I did the same with the length as I can't stand a jumper which you have to keep pulling down...apart from that and my 'make-it-up-as-you-go-along method' of widening the cable section, its pretty much as the pattern says.
I used some nice Rowan Silky Tweed in Bolero, size 5mm circ needles and off I went.
(I am standing on my piano stool to try and see myself in the mirror!)
I'm quickly onto the next project...no dilly-dallying as this is a gift that needs to be done this week. It is Clapo-Ktus which is knitting up a storm (now that I understand what I have to do!). This will hopefully be done in the next few days and then I'm slightly off-piste with some Christmas knitting....I think I may be off-piste a while!
Last, but not to least, my little give-away from last week.
The winner is Lily Razz
I'll email you now so I can pop your goodies in the post!
To catch up with my fellow YOP-ers, check out the ravelry page here.