Friday 28 June 2013

FO Friday

So remember this?  The blanket I made for a friend who was getting married in July....well, here it is in all its huggable glory!

This pattern is Wool Leaves by Jared Flood..... it was a breeze, and it is just as I wanted it....you know me Blanket Girl....always looking for the next big project...and this one didn't disappoint.

The yarn is Sirdar Big Softie Super Chunky  I'm not sure I really want to think about how many balls I used, but probably around 15.  I would recommend the yarn, really soft and chunky....in fact....it did exactly what it said on the tin.


The picture above was the blanket, unblocked and the one below, blocked.  After blocking it was far more drapey and grew a bit too, which was nice as the chunky yarn in this was swallowed up like candyfloss.




So there you have it...one more blanket...my love still not satisfied.....

For the first time I am joining up with Tami's Amis

10 comments:

  1. How very beautiful Faith, an epic of blanket making and such an incredible from the heart gift,it will surely be loved xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo beautiful!!! I love your blanket and I'm sure your friend will love it too. This is a wonderful gift Faith!
    Have a happy weekend! xxBarbina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Faith, what a wonderful gift, stitched with love for a special friend.
    I'm sure it will be used and loved for many years.......
    It's just beautiful, I love the pattern and sounds like you used the perfect wool for it......

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. A special gift. We need a yarn squidging feature on blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, thoughtful gift. It will be cherished.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly epic knitting! This is a gift to be appreciated forever. I am wondering from your comments if your yarn comes in "tins" like I from the States understand a tin to be--a little metal container?
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous, Faith! Elegant and neutral as well as looking deliciously snuggly and will be fab in all and every setting. What a wonderful wedding present! E x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job, Faith! My gosh, 15 balls of yarn? That is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it is just beautiful! They will love it. You truly are the blanket queen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful Faith, what a wonderful gift for your friend to receive :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............