Sunday 6 May 2012

Year of projects - 06.05.12

Whooosh....there went another week.  Its been a busy one this week, not in a crafting way, but in a 'life' way.

At the beginning of the week, I finished my Stripe Study Shawl, but it is yet to be blocked.....so that's a job for next week.



I must admit, I think I may have developed a small obsession with this designer, Veera Valimaki and have more than one of her other patterns in my sights.  Check out her striped shawls and jumpers......right up my street!



So.....with lots of patience, achy arms and tired legs from standing, I finally finished turning my skeins from last weekend's WonderWool festival into the three balls above........impatience spurred me on and I have made a start on this.....Colour Affection




This is 21 rows in and yes, it is as small as it appears....it's like knitting with cotton......what was I thinking!




My little dip into Brioche knitting is turning more into a paddle, as I continue to be fascinated with the stripes.......I am a girl on a mission..........I will make what I can see in my head..........my head is full of lots of woolly things ;-)


Anyway......that's about it here with me.........we have just returned from a lovely day out with my in-laws lots of yummy food and a beach walk to polish it off.....just perfect, the sun is shining today, but I believe it is all change for tomorrow.

If you want to catch up with other bloggers progress on their Year of Projects work, then see the Ravelry page.


19 comments:

  1. I'm in awe that after finishing one gorgeous shawl, you dive right into another! Very pretty colours for Colour Affection - can't wait to see them come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those yarn colours, can't wait to see how the shawl turns out. And you Stripe Study is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday, I hope to finish a shawl.....forget a stripped shawl, just a shawl.

    Er, wait....I did make a shawl. But it's more like a wrap so I guess I don't count it as a shawl.

    Oh well. You know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so gorgeous in those yummy balls though, well worth the effort. I watch my sister lace knitting and know it isn't for me at the moment, but the Brioche looks really interesting.
    Can't wait to see the shawl all blocked, now off to check out that designer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on finishing your shawl, can't wait to see it blocked. Really loving your colours you've chosen for Colour Affection and I love brioche stitch, you can spend ages watching the stripes come together which is great for getting the project done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl is just stunningly beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Faith, I too am obsessed with Veera's designs and love her blog. I knitted myself her golden wheat cardigan last year and was wearing it today in fact. All her patterns are RIGHT up my street! As for your shawl it's a dream, I love the colours and I must admit that I am a little lazy when it comes to blocking :0)
    Turning skeins into balls can be pain staking, I always end up in knots! That yarn has beautiful colour ways,lk forward to seeing another of your lovely makes. Enjoy your crackling fire and keep cosy xox Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy am I ever green of you all who have Veera's patterns! I so want to buy those two shawl ones, but am trying to be so good as I've got lots of books I haven't made a dent in yet and as I received a few RAKs of shawl patterns that I think I should knit up first.
    Your shawl tho is so very nice! Can't wait to see the FO blocked in its full glory.
    Such pretty colors for your next shawl. Are they lace weight yarn? It looks skinnier than fingering. You brave lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, she's a fantastic designer.

    Your new shawl looks lovely. That IS some fine yarn! Can't wait to see the brioche project too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is looking great. Love the colors.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is looking lovely, but I am looking forward to seeing more brioche :). I like watching you try a new technique while I sit back and relax :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faith I am OBSESSED with Veera patterns (as you may have been able to see form that latest post of mine - 4 stripe shawls, am I mad?)! Did you see on her blog there's a whole new bunch of spring sweaters? LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shawl is very pretty. And it definitely looks like the yarn is meant for knitting (definitely not for crochet). Have a great week! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful projects you're working on! I'm obsessed with shawls these days, too. Aren't they so muhc fun to knit?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So impressed with your shawl - it's absolutely beautiful. It looks big too - perfect for wrapping up in on a cold day in May! Love the look of your yarn too especially that beautiful green and blue fine one! Happy knitting! Elizabeth x
    PS Thank you so much for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those balls of blue yarn are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. eeek - look what I just saw - had to show you, it's the May 9th post (if you hadn't seen already)
    http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/

    Beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE Colour Affection, it's just beautiful, and yours will be too with those gorgeous colours. Your Stripe Study is beautiful too. Didn't you used to not be a knitter? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............