Saturday 2 June 2012

Year of projects 03.06.12

Well, as I write this, I am sitting with iPad on knee after a full on day at a mini zoo and then doing a batch of baking for the weekend.....as you read this, I am either at church, at a four-year-old's 'scooter and skate' party with small or at my in-laws enjoying a jubilee BBQ.






Knitting has been a little sporadic this week with so much else to do, but I am slowly pushing on with my colour affection, and the more the dark stripes build up, the more I love it, I will wear it with my summer dress.....soon!




I am just beginning the seventh sequence repeat and there are nine to do in total, then the dark colour to make a deep border, by which time, they will be very loooonnnng rows.

Having described the colour of the lace weight for my shawl as 'peacocky' I took a picture of this guy above yesterday who took an instant liking to us/our lunch....isn't he stunning?





My cat is growing and still remains a cat I think, my biggest boy reckons it looks like it has been hypnotised! To follow this CAL pop over to Annabooshouse to follow the great tutorial.





I'll leave you with a picture of the birthday boy sat on the zoo's super-friendly rhino.

Looking forward to reading what you are all up to as well.......thank you for your lovely comments and advice.......and hope you are all having a lovely weekend and that those in the UK are enjoying a great long weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are being very busy indeed, i love your colour affection...and the dark stripes do look really good in it :)

    Your cat does have a kind of hypnotised look he he, and it looks like the birthday boy is having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you are doing I hope you enjoy it Faith!
    I have got my knitting out seeing as the weather is bad today, I am knitting a cushion cover, its very pretty. I love the colours you are knitting with and it will be lovely to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is looking lovely, the colours look beautiful and it would be nice to see some close up shots of the knitted yarn. I hope you're enjoying your parties, it sounds like a busy weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl is definitely "peacock-y" - I love the picture you included with the color inspiration! (The picture of the birthday boy, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl reminds me of the Cornish sea on a sunny day. I hope you have a fantastic Jubilee weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl is looking good. Love the pic of your son.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to play catch up with you as I kept seeing the picture of your shawl and thought you had not posted since the last time I read you....WRONG! Silly me! I've missed out and now have to catch up on all I've missed!
    And I can see I've missed a lot!
    I love the shawl and the cat...now I'm going to have to ask what a CAL is? Is it (I'm guessing here....a crochet along?). I've never made a crocheted animal..just flat things but I think the time has come as they are so darn cute! Loved the comment about yours being "hypnotized"! Too funny! And the hippo? I thought they were supposed to be very aggressive or am I thinking of rhinos? Obviously all ended well and not many people get their picture taken facing backwards on a hippo. That picture will be talked about for generations to come! Happy Diamond Jubilee to you and your Queen! I'm off to Annaboo's now. I wonder how many blogs I can actually follow and still get something done around here? LOL! TTYL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Elephant boy! That is such a memorable picture. Busy Faith, don't you find it is comforting to be able to knit quietly during those socially filled weeks when you are, I imagine, flitting about ensuring everybody gets to the right place at the right time?

    I have enjoyed the blue theme here and yes, that peacock is reminiscent of your beautiful knitting. Enjoy those l-o-n-g rows ;-)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha... Fabulous piccy of birthday boy! Love it! Hope he had a great day :-)
    Your Shawl is really coming along... the colours are gorgeous! Can't wait to see a pic of you wearing it when it's complete:-)

    Hugs xx
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, I missed the birthday boy's post ... a belated Happy Birthday Mr. Middle. I love the pic of you on a rhino's bottom ;D

    Your shawl is looking lovely m'dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Rhino picture is priceless! :) Your project is coming along beautifully! Love the blues...so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............