Tuesday 15 November 2011

One-a-day Tuesday

So I find myself in limbo..........

My first one-a-day project is finished and I'm actually a little disappointed as it was a nice simple square that fitted well in to my day.........

So I've been pondering my next project and had a bit of a 'my list is how long?' moment!

I have numerous Christmas projects, a 'just because' blanket, two baby blankets.

..............so none of these things lends them self to one a day, as they need doing yesterday........

Top of the list for Christmas?.............The flower scarf for my Mother-in-law, needs to be done by the end of November as they are spending Christmas in S.Africa, so need to take their presents with them. 

So it is by this process of thought, that this will become my temporary one-a-day.

I have 19 flowers made.

I'm not sure how many more I need to make, but needless to say its lots more.  I have (quick tot up) 14 days to make quite a few more, which will then need placing and joining. 

So here is the plan.......(am I making this sound like I know what I'm doing) ..... I will aim to make two a day  and then in the last two days I will make 20 in a complete insane crochet meltdown..............

Are you with me???

To see other more relaxed and planned one-a-day projects, see gingerbreadgirl's blog.

20 comments:

  1. those flowers are gorgeous, I really can't wait to see the finished scarf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! I have confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    That is going to be so pretty when it's done. You can do this! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/11/one-day-project-tuesdays-tallies_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your flowers, I don't know if I'd be able to part with it!!
    The plan sounds great! You will be able to get it done. I think it helps me to have a time limits on things as then I know I have to have it finished.
    I look forward to seeing this scarf progress, Your items always come out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers you're doing. Hope the in-laws enjoy their Christmas here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the completely insane crochet meltdown all too well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are just gorgeous and I totally think you know what your doing rofl.... two a day up till the last day sounds like a fab plan and I know you'll manage 20 the last day no problem, just clear all necessary chores out of the way and you'll fly at it. I can't wait to see how you are going to join all these lovely flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me tired just thinking about the end. Maybe you ought to try for 3 a day. :) They are beautiful, however.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha Faith.. you are funny! I think you could do this no problem... but I have a suggestion... send us all a bit of yarn, point us to the pattern and we could all make you some! Unless it is a well known cotton, in which case I could start tonight! You go girl... whoop whoop! (easily excited aren't I)!! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty flowers. How interesting and cool to spend Christmas in South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers look great- I am sure your MIL will love it.
    Love the plan, except for the last day- that sounds like a painful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great!! I thought we were trying to avoid the Christmas crochet meltdown lol I have faith that you will get this scarf done in time and it will look amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't melt down ... your flowers are so pretty and just think how happy your mother-in-law will be when she gets her gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flowers are beautiful, can't wait to see the finished scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im all in favour of rationalisation- even if its only to convince yourself! I wish I was going away to SA for Christmas, that sounds awesome... get crocheting you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! I am so with you on your "planning" techniques. Love your flowers and I'm sure you will get it done...somehow! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty colours! Maybe you could do extra some days to prevent the 'mad 20 flower make' at the end or would that spoil the fun?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh! Loving the flowers ♥ The scarf will look gorgeous when all done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the flowers and good luck with your plan to complete the project by the end of the month. Sure you will get it done, if you are struggling just forget the housework and eat takeaways! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm with you - I have a multitude of makes to finish - fingers crossed!
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............