Sunday 6 November 2011

Year of projects (wk12)

A good week all round this week.........crocheting............... and crafting with the boys......

This week I have ticked two things off my project list, although they were just quick projects.



The first was a little owl bag from anapaulaoli on Etsy.  This was a birthday present for a friend's little girl who was three.




This was a lovely project, if not a bit hairy when I put the zip in the back, but this was down to my sewing skills, not the easy-to-follow pattern.  A quick and simple make that was happily received!




The second project is a Christmas present for my niece, this is a pattern called Caity Cat designed by super-talented The Green Dragonfly.  Check out the other bright and colourful free patterns on her blog as they are all gorgeous.  On the pattern there are lovely crocheted flowers on Caity's stripey body, but due to time restraints (it was late, my eyes were closing and I was determined to finish!) I embroidered some flowers instead.

Both projects this week have been fun to do and easy patterns to follow.  Its nice to see quick results sometimes isn't it?

I am going now........... off to do some more  Christmas craft with the boys for the school fayre where they will be selling things that they have made.  The fayre is in three weeks time so I think we are going to have to be very efficient!

I will share some of their things when they have some finished (hopefully soon!) in the meantime let the glittering begin!

Looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to later.........hope you've all had successful weeks as well.  To catch up on other Year of Projects work.......check out the group page on Ravelry.

14 comments:

  1. How sweet is that lil bag and the toy - I'm sure they will be loved for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag and cat are so cute, I can just imagine how any little girl would love either. Its sometimes great to switch to a quick finish project..gives a nice sense of satisfaction..

    I hope you have a wonderful time with the glitter, what better way to spend a day..looking forward to seeing some of your creations for the fayre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your little projects this week! Perfect little owl bag and that colorful cat is too cute! The colors on it are great and the flowers on the front give it that perfect girly touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuteness! I hope the glittering went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little owl is so cute! Looks a bit like a dolphin from the back; for a minute I thought it was another bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little owl bag and the cat are gorgeous. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how cute are they, loving both the bag and of course Caity- gorgeous!!!!! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those!!! And your comment on my blog made me laugh out loud, quite literally!

    Have a great week!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the owl is SO cute - and the kitty as well. I don't know where you find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I stop by your blog I think I really should learn to crochet--those projects are adorable and my Grandy, Lyddie would love them! You are too talented. :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  11. what adorable little projects quick results are sometimes needed when you're doing those big long projects. i love the owl bag but can imagine that zipper was tricky and your embroidered flowers are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............