Sunday 27 November 2011

Year of projects (wk15)

Well this week hasn't exactly been productive on the crochet front........

I did make a number of stars and snowflakes for the school fayre, of which a few were sold for their funds.  This pattern for a star came out of a book I recently purchased and was a very interesting motif to build.

Apart from that, most projects have fallen by the wayside as Christmas presents become more pressing.

My in-laws are off on the annual 'get away for the winter' jaunt to S.Africa this week and I am struggling to finish their Christmas presents.  My FIL has a favorite jumper which has a small hole in the front.  Lots of joking has been made about making him a flower to cover the hole. So this weekend I have been amusing myself (and it turns out, my husband)..............

.....................prepare yourself for some appalling crochet!


Now you do need to use some lots of imagination, because as this stands it does look rather like a dodgy donkey with deformed legs.....but then again this is a first attempt...........cut me some slack..........



How many attempts do I get?  And have you guessed what it is yet?

This one  (according to my  hubby stifling the laughter) has a Jay-Lo bum so definitely isn't quite right.

Maybe I should check out what a Protea flower looks like...............

Well, that just about sums up this week's poor efforts!

Before I go, I did want to tell you about our walk yesterday with the boys.  We had planned to walk around the local reservoir which provides the county's water.  When we got there, it was rainy and windy and not at all suitable for a walk, but we did drive the boys around to see how the dam worked.



The realisation that this was the water that came out of our taps was revelationary for the boys.....then followed lots of  "eeeeuuuugghhh"s!


There we have it! I'm going to go and perfect my......ahem......motif and catch up with you lovely fellow bloggers.  Hope you all have a great week!


17 comments:

  1. A raindeer? The rain looks like what we have here.......argh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it must be a Spring-Bok deer for South Africa!! He'll love it either way.. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, No, No! That first one is a perfect Goat! See the horns on the front? And he/she is leaping! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your deer are fantastic :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all very well for husbands to laugh, but I'd love to see them try to do any better. I think they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowflake is gorgeous, and whatever the animal is its really cute, and I'm sure will be loved. And it's a conversation starter too!!
    It looks like one of the animals in the Lion King- cant remember which

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its a reindeer, or at least thats what I can see but then I am half blind. lol. I think its fab either way as I'd never be able to attempt anything like that, my motifs I suspect would look very blob like.
    Love the dam picture and can see my children having the exact same reaction lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your springbok. I think it looks really good! Also a fatastic emblem for South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also think it's a springbok and they are very cool! I love the star too, would make a great garland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought it was a reindeer. Your little star is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little star. I agree with Suzanne and think that it would make a lovely garland. And I was kind've assuming that you had immortalized Jay-Lo in reindeer form.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guessed it was a Springbok straight away! I think it's quite promising!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is a reindeer. Don't you love the support of a husband when it comes to new patterns!!! It looks great, especially for a first attempt.
    Your star looks great, some star patterns are open, but I love the solidness of that one.
    Good luck on getting all your present done

    ReplyDelete
  14. My guess is some kind of African animal. They are not bad at all. They're really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your spring bok... even the big bummed one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're fantastic!! Don't think I'd be able to anything like that! Well done you :)

    Fab star too!!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............