Tuesday 1 November 2011

One-a-day Tuesday's tallie (wk8)

OOOoooopss, the name of this group is 'one-a-day', but this week it has been

 'six-in-an-evening'

As you may know, my one-a-day squares for my sunnyspread throw have been made during school drop-offs and pick-ups....a good system that hasn't failed yet........well until half-term that is..........

The squares themselves are not difficult to make and very quick also, so last night after the boys were tucked up and stories had been read, I busied myself and nearly caught up...... but not quite!

So with this week's six, I am now on 48

Must admit, I have not tired of this project and could easily see myself making another as the stitch detail is so simple and pretty.



Onto other things.............yesterday I read on nicoleandthebee about a lovely project being started by a fellow Raveller, Lynne. 

Last year, Lynne's new born son, Sam,  had to spend Christmas in hospital. During this obviously emotional and stressful time, Lynne did a lot of crochet including some crocheted snowflakes for her son's incubator.  This year she is trying to get other people involved to help crochet enough snowflakes to go into all the incubators in the special care baby unit............anyway to read more about her story and appeal, please look here.

These little snowflakes are quick to make and easy to fit around other larger projects which we may all need a break from now and then........I know I can certainly commit to doing some........wouldn't it be lovely to do something so special this Christmas! Go on.......you know you want to!

If you want to check out other one-a-dayer's work please look on gingerbreadgirls blog.

14 comments:

  1. What a nice idea. I will go check out hte snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the catch-up, I only got six(ish) done this week and that was by the skin of my teeth! Your blanket is growing beautifully.

    The snowflakes sound wonderful I would love to help, I'll look at the link. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, that star is perfect! I wonder how long it would have taken me to find it???
    You blanket is looking fabulous and the snowflake idea is a beautiful one, I will take a look at the page later on.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Beautiful blanket! It's getting bigger. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/11/one-day-project-tuesdays-tallies.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea, I'm gaing to have a look now! I'm impressed, six is still better than 2 which was a really poor effort. I'll have to pull my socks up now and get going! Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on six I think six is excellent. I'm going to go check out that snowflake idea what a lovely idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a beautiful idea. Six in a day is awesome, and much more than I have achieved this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable blanket, it has such a timeless charm to it.

    Good luck to your friend's appeal. I am hopelessly overcommitted at the moment but I can't imagine that she'll be short of donations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for mentioning the snowflake project! I think we'll be able to decorate an entire hospital!!

    Your blanket is looking so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pattern on your project. Love the snowflake too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey did you mis-count... I'm sure I count 54 up there! I only know because our blankets are almost identical! 6 in one day is amazing! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sometimes have a mad dash on a Monday ready for Tuesdays too!

    I count 54 too! It is a lovely little pattern, so simple but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sunny spread is looking lovely! And six in one night - hats off to you!

    I'm glad so many of us are joining in with the snowflakes - I really believe these little things make a difference, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sunny spread is looking good, if only we could crochet that much every night!!

    The snowflakes idea is wonderful, to bring a little smile to the hard times for families

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............