Tuesday 24 April 2012

Photography Challenge - if only you kn-ewe!


(Either sheer genius....or the workings of a woolly brain.....you decide!)



The announcement was making quite a stir out in the fields




The organisers of the event....couldn't have guessed at its popularity....they were turning the ladies away at the gate.....these are just a few of the crestfallen onlookers.........





The tutor for the course....gathering her thoughts  before kicking off the first session
'Hat knitting for beginners'






The men-folk were disappointed to find that there wasn't a beer tent at this knitting event.....and made it known by depositing something in the 'comments box' at the end



This is (somehow) part of my posts for Knitting and Crochet Blog Week.

I think to be honest I may have missed the original idea behind the set topic..........


3KCBWDAY2

You know how blogging may have lead you to taking photographs of the most ridiculous things (come on, you know you have!)....well the best bit about this is that I even roped my hubby in, who already thinks I'm a little cuckoo when I'm blogging......kudos to him eh! 

It's one of those cringey moments when you are in a field dressing one of your sheep and your farming neighbour pops his head over the hedge to see what exactly you are up to!

The beautiful lady tutor is a Welsh Mountain Badger Face Torddu (Torddu being Welsh for black-belly......you can also get a Torwen which is all black with a white chest)....she was handsomely rewarded in grass for her excellent modelling.....





.....And the brioche.........well, I am truly loving this new stitch....I have now progressed to two colours, and I am loving the stripes!  This is a dabble with some contrasting colours, but today, I will work on something a little more subtle.....come catch up tomorrow to see what comes next!  Where it goes....nobody knows!!


23 comments:

  1. Giggles, too bad I wasn't able to sign up for this class! This made me laugh so bad! Briliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe that's brilliant!!!!! Laura x (cutecrochetedcreations.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thats just brilliant I had such a fun read. I love your brioche stitch and its such a good one for playing around with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy lady! Love it, thanks for the giggle :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love it!!!!! Well done!

    Thanks for your comments on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures! How funny.

    The brioche is looking great. How are you finding the book? I don't have it and would be interested in whether it is a worthy purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me chuckle so much - your pics are brilliant and I love your witty captions! Glad your Welsh Mountain lady has got on the knitting band wagon - no wonder there are so many applicants for her classes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beer tent?! Hmmm, maybe next time? Isn't the brioche stitch fun? Last year, I worked and worked on trying to master it and was so proud of myself when I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faith you are Baa-rmy! (In a very good way!) I love the tutor photo... what an expression...I would be terrified to go to her class and then I would be left feeling a bit sheepish...I bet she c-rams all the information in! Ha ha ...whoops. not good to laugh at my own jokes :) Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally! A post I can relate to! :) The brioche color contrast is magnificent, by the way! Now then, why can't anyone here organize such a lovely event!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's perfect for today's theme. They asked for creativity and you certainly obliged! It's hilarious.

    The sheep's had reminded me just a bit of a barrister's wig. There's an idea...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forget about the beer tent..!!.are there any reductions for OAPs!! That always gets my vote. Well done on a really funny blog! Loved the colours on the brioche by the way! Look forward to your next blogs! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's the funniest blog post I've seen today, great job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're so cute! I especially like that you included the menfolk; they always feel so left out at these things if there isn't a little play centre (with beer) to keep them occupied for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Baa aaa aaa this is hilarious, the humour and wit is right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hee hee Faith, that is just brilliant, really put a smile on my face ad YES I know what you mean about taking crazy photo's! It always seems to happen just as someone is watching you :0) xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can only imagine what your neighbor must have thought!!! This was great! And your striped brioche is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hilarious. I want to see what the class ends up creating!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did you get Torddu to wear the hat. Amazing!
    Very cute post. I enjoyed it!
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  20. The most awesomely creative post I've run across today :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this!! Well done you! I wracked my brains to try and do something unique with my photos but unfortunately endless pics of crocheted squares doesn't really get the creative juices going! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic post Faith and I love the photos!! Would have loved to have seen your neighbours face when greeted by a hat wearing sheep!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............