Sunday 8 April 2012

Year of projects 07.04.12

Well, this is just a quick post, squeezed in between chocolate eggs.

This weeks crocheting has all been Easter gift related, quick fix crochet, lots of fun and lots of colours!



These were Easter cream egg cosies in such Eastery shapes as bunnies, lambs, chicks and one-eyed aliens!  The pattern is easy to follow, in a simple slip stitch which makes the stretchy cosy easily able to fit a hens egg to keep your boiled egg warm.  The pattern is a ravelry pattern which I did in stylecraft (using some of my more girly colours)....I highly recommend it for a last minute gift idea.




These butterfly wings were quickly finished off with a ribbon to tie around the chest.  I spent ages deliberating the elastic arm loops on other wings I've seen, and decided on this simpler method for my small niece.  These were my own 'see where it goes' design.


I made these lovely little drawstring bags for my mother and mother-in-law with a couple of small eggs in.  The pattern was a ravelry pattern and  I used Rico Micro DK which just has the most beautiful colour changes and lovely sheen.



We have had a lovely Easter Sunday with our traditional egg hunt at my in-laws house with a huge scrumptious lunch which we all chipped in on.  I would show you the pictures of my heart-attack sausage rolls, but they've all been scoffed, along with the cheese muffins and quiche....my sister-in-laws famous lasagne, chocolate mousse, carrot cake all washed down with some chocolate eggs! My family really know how to eat!

Looking forward to looking at all the other projects on this week....that is after I've eaten a little more chocolate.

Hope you all have a great week.x

18 comments:

  1. Loving the cute Easter crochet! Nothing like a bit of quick yarn therapy.... enjoy your chocolate... yum yum :)

    Happy Easter to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Easter crocheting, your little egg warmers are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little drawstring bags. Thanks for your visit to my corner of the world. It's already getting pretty warm around here, with temps well into the 90s most days. There's no turning back now. :/ Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made some gorgeous things.I am still on with my crocheted blanket but hopefully will be finished soon to start on something else.Happy Easter X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always amazed at how much you manage to get done! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty projects that you have made up.
    Happy easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the crochet especially the butterfly wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easter one-eyed aliens LOL. Sounds just perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely butterfly wings, what a great idea they look amazing. I love the little egg cozies too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those little drawstring bags- what a fab idea.
    And that yarn looks delish, too.
    Cute egg cups too!
    Busy bee, aren't you?
    Happy Easter!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great little easter gifts, and I love the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The little bags are beautiful, and the feast sounds scrumptious. Lots of lovely fatty flavourful foods!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely easter crochet, my favorite has to be the one eyed alien!!
    Those wings are perfect, I bet your Niece loved them xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your crochet makes are lovely Faith and your Easter Sunday lunch sounds so delicious...I never seem to get photographs at those times either...It's a good sign though when everything is eaten too quickly!...(Ooh, love the sound of your heart-attack sausage rolls too)
    Hope you have a great week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a lovely Easter and that sure sounded like a delicious feast. I love the little egg cosies and those butterfly wings are just to cute for words. I like the idea of the ribbon as its then easier to open when they want to take them off. Love the little drawsting baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh you've been busy with that hook! Sounds like you had a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  17. The egg cosies are so cute! I love the butterfly too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............